Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Review: Kat Von D for Sephora Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick

So OBVIOUSLY I'm a makeup addict, especially for the KvD for Sephora line. As a lipstick lover I was pretty psyched to hear about the Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick; a super long wearing lipstick with awesome color pay off. I grabbed two of my favorite shades that already existed in the other two lipstick ranges Kat has, but there are some new shades out with the liquid lipstick as well. Lolita from the painted love lipstick range; a matte, dusty, rosy pink/neutral AND Adora from the Foiled Love range; a bright red with a metallic finish- very nice for winter!!
So, first I swatched these shades on my hand, it takes a while for them to dry which leaves some room for correction if you make any mistakes which is nice. It has a wonderful dry-down with amazing color pay off, even more lustrous, opaque color than the traditional lipsticks! But be warned, once this stuff dries, IT DOES NOT MOVE, do make sure you're satisfied with how it looks before you let it set. It's also really hard to remove, soap and water don't seem to do the trick so I'd suggest using an oil based remove or something like olive or castor oil to get the stuff off instead of scrubbing your lips red. I really love these lipsticks, the only complaint I have is that the advertising claims its super hydrating... Its not, like most long lasting lipsticks it can be very drying and even crumble after a while, especially when eating and drinking. Fortunately since it has such great staying power you can apply a gloss or balm over it without worrying about compromising the opacity of the color. These would be really great for work, school, long days of running errands but I don't think I would wear them out to eat or on a hot date due to the drying/crumbling aspect, you don't want someone eating bits of your lipstick when they kiss you! Overall, a 4 out of 5 stars!
-CW



1 comment:

  1. PS- this may not be the best product for you if you have lines and wrinkles around the mouth as it does bleed a little when first applied.

    ReplyDelete